You read a lot of success stories of Facebook Ad experts who says you too can do it; they go to the extent of painting a picture that Facebook Ad is easy because they want to take your money by selling you their tutorial, that got you thinking that you can succeed overnight with Facebook Ads.
I am sorry to tell you that there is nothing like Facebook Ad magic bullet as they made you think!
Then what is the method to guarantee success on Facebook ads? You ask.
You need a comprehensive tutorial on how it works; you need to know the different objectives, you need to understand ad set, you must know ad creatives, ad copy, targeting options, custom audience, retargeting, lookalike audience, connection with Instagram, testing and most importantly you must understand how Facebook ad works.
I am not writing this post to teach you Facebook Ads, but if you’re already familiar with Facebook Ads, you will find this post interesting.
If your ads are not performing currently, here are a few of the things you can check.
- Your ad image/video is not attractive enough to halt your audience; your ad creative must create a ‘pattern interrupt’; it is the edge you have to HALT your audience while scrolling through the feed.
- Your ad copy doesn’t connect with your target audience; it does not communicate the message adequately. Or it is so lame that it doesn’t inspire the audience to take a specific action.
- If you have an excellent copy, targeting the wrong audience may give you a lot of buzz like likes, shares, comments, but you won’t get sales. So ask yourself, do you get the detailed targeting correctly? Check the location, gender, age bracket. Then do you use the perfect custom audience, lookalike settings?
- What’s the message on your landing page? What is the landing page/website performance status? Is the message precise? Does it align with the ad copy? How fast does the page load? Is the site responsive?
- What’s your understanding of the product? You might have a popular competition that sells cheaper; you might be selling at the wrong season; you might need a longer sales process e.g. some products like real estate takes a long time to sell, your brand might need people’s trust before you can sell them, etc.
- You need to understand where your audience is, are they on Facebook Messenger? Instagram? Facebook feed desktop or mobile? and others. Would your audience watch your video ad during work hour or with their wi-fi after-hours.
- Finally, are you retargeting your warm audience? More conversion happens when you retarget.
Finally, exploit the custom audience, send some coupons to your fans/prospects, exploit lookalike audience to harvest what you did not sow.